This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Help! How do I protect my new PC?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a new PC for my family to use. Norton is installed already and I have downloaded microsoft malicious software removal tool. I was advised to download zone alarm but then my computer didn't like having 2 anti virus programs so I have deleted this. Someone has also recommended the following, but I don't know how many I can install without upsetting the computer by slowing it down and wanting to shut down all the time!: spybot search and destroy malwarebytes highjackthis AVG antivirus (but I already have NORTON) Are these what you would recommend and how many would it be sensible to download? Many thanks for your help, Alison

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI