This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Receiving packets but not sending

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I connect online through a cable modem (Time Warner Cable Roadrunner). The lights on the modem indicate everything is fine. I'm suppose to be connected once I turn on my computer but I'm not, and when I check network connections, it shows that I am receiving data but not sending. The only way to connect is to continuously plug and unplug the actual cable that connects my NIC card and my modem until it stats sending data. Eventually, I'll connect but I was hoping someone could explain this to me and figure out a way to fix it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI