This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problem with D-Link Router DSL564T?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I am using a D-Link DSL564T Router with the newest firmware with DSL 6000. My problem is that i am constantly loosing my internet connection while playing online games. When I look in the router under "status", the message "waiting for response" is shown. Then in do i router reset, and my connection returns. Sometimes i can go a couple of days without a problem, sometimes only a couple of hours, but everytime i reset the modem, the connection is made. I am sure all my settings are correct. I have two computers hooked to this modem, both connected with a LAN cable(no wireless), both with a static ip. Can anybody help me?
Replace the router? If you had one system I'd suggest bypassing the router and connecting directly to your broadband modem but with two, this is difficult, unless you can do without one for a few days. If so, bypass the router and see if the problem occurs. If not then the router is the problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI