This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Know Anything About Cable Modems?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am currently (and have been for the past 3-4 years) using a HomeConnect™ Cable Modem provided by my cable provider. I know I can email them, or call them and maybe find out what the problem is … but if I can get the answer here and fix it if it can be fixed .. more the merrier. When I shut down my computer, when I start it back up I have a good connection for about 5 minutes. After that it looses the connection. I'll unplug the modem for a minute or so, and it is good until I shut down the PC again. I don't shut it down that often, but when it locks up or freezes on me … I have to restart it .. and then go through the process of rebooting the modem again. It just gets old after a while. Any help would be great :thumbup: Dave
It sounds to me like your modem needs reset after a reboot. Although I am not certain, I have DSL and mine doesnt have to be reset when I reboot. Are you on a LAN there?