Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Know Anything About Cable Modems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DW3555

DW3555

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

I am currently (and have been for the past 3-4 years) using a HomeConnect™ Cable Modem provided by my cable provider. I know I can email them, or call them and maybe find out what the problem is ... but if I can get the answer here and fix it if it can be fixed .. more the merrier. When I shut down my computer, when I start it back up I have a good connection for about 5 minutes. After that it looses the connection. I'll unplug the modem for a minute or so, and it is good until I shut down the PC again. I don't shut it down that often, but when it locks up or freezes on me ... I have to restart it .. and then go through the process of rebooting the modem again. It just gets old after a while. Any help would be great :thumbup: Dave

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:40 PM

It sounds to me like your modem needs reset after a reboot. Although I am not certain, I have DSL and mine doesnt have to be reset when I reboot. Are you on a LAN there?

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"