Tokyo
Topic Starter
Scan saved at 08:51:33, on 10/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
I have been posting in the malware removal forums, and seem to got rid of those problems, but still have the following:
*Often when I switch on the machine, I get a message saying the computer has recovered from a serious error etc. etc.
*I can install new programs but they fail to install the shortcuts. Folders will appear in the start menu, but will be labeled empty - i.e.no shortcut to the program.
*I tried to manually create them, but found that on opening the Start menu folder, more than half the list is missing. more appear if I "explore all users", but still not all
*other programs sometimes behave oddly, for example my Japanese IME disappeared and had to be re-enabled from the international/languages settings. My Japanese keyboard settings reverted to the default US keyboard. Word claimed to be missing something and demanded the installation disk. When working, things go reasonably fast but all these little things seem to indicate some serious underlying problem
*I suspected a registry problem, and have tried to run Registry mechanic and RegistryFix, which both give me a BSOD with either "Page fault in nonpaged area," or just "to prevent damage to your computer, your system has been shut down" mwav will start a scan of the registry, but halts and goes into a sort of trance at this line
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\Winlogon.
daparker has been patiently trying to help me for a couple of weeks now, but we seem to have exhausted all options. Here is a link to the thread
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=52465&st=0
Please help!
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
I have been posting in the malware removal forums, and seem to got rid of those problems, but still have the following:
*Often when I switch on the machine, I get a message saying the computer has recovered from a serious error etc. etc.
*I can install new programs but they fail to install the shortcuts. Folders will appear in the start menu, but will be labeled empty - i.e.no shortcut to the program.
*I tried to manually create them, but found that on opening the Start menu folder, more than half the list is missing. more appear if I "explore all users", but still not all
*other programs sometimes behave oddly, for example my Japanese IME disappeared and had to be re-enabled from the international/languages settings. My Japanese keyboard settings reverted to the default US keyboard. Word claimed to be missing something and demanded the installation disk. When working, things go reasonably fast but all these little things seem to indicate some serious underlying problem
*I suspected a registry problem, and have tried to run Registry mechanic and RegistryFix, which both give me a BSOD with either "Page fault in nonpaged area," or just "to prevent damage to your computer, your system has been shut down" mwav will start a scan of the registry, but halts and goes into a sort of trance at this line
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\Winlogon.
daparker has been patiently trying to help me for a couple of weeks now, but we seem to have exhausted all options. Here is a link to the thread
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=52465&st=0
Please help!