This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Install XPHome -Computer already has xpprof/sp1

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can someone pls. give the steps to completely remove xp prof. from my machine and install a liscensed ver. of xphome/sp2. What do I have to be aware of if I try to this? I am a newbie so pls. explain in simple terms. Thanks
Well, it depends on what you call simple. First off we need to know the OEM (Original Equiptment Manufactuer)…this is important as certain manufacturers will place part of the BIOS (Basic Input and Output System) on the harddrive itself and if you format your harddrive your in trouble. Do you have a legitimate copy of Windows that is an original Windows installation CD..? If so, then put the disk in and it should automatically pop up a menu. Choose the option to "Check for Compatibility".. Post back with your information and we'll get you up and running
Sorry it is taking me so long Crow but I haven't had much time lately to play with the computer. Here is a little history-Bought the machined used with XP proffesional on it . Definitely not a licenced copy. Want to install a copy of XP Home on it. Do you want to know my mother board type? When i tried to install the legit copy it prompted me that it doesn't recommend I load over XP prof. but rather I install it to a partition. I want XP home to be the only operating system on my computer. Thanks in advance :D
Ok.. so just be sure.. before you start this. Is there anything on the computer right now that you dont want loose..? (because you will loose everything after formatting) And.. you do have a legitimate copy of windows.. correct? (and no worries on time ok, this aint something you want to rush through in the first place)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI