This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hidden temp files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am currently doing some cleaning on the computer and while running some cleaning tools, I noticed a HUGE amount of Temp. Internet Files still SOMEWHERE, but I just can't find them! I've done the standard ATF cleaner, Windows disk cleanup, ran the command %temp% just to see if I could find anything. I also took note of where these file are: C:\Douments and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet files… they're just not there. Tried it with Hidden Files shown, too. Checked in every users folder. Help?
Run this tool


Download TFC to your desktop
  • Close any open windows.
  • Double click the TFC icon to run the program
  • TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
  • Click the Start button to begin the process.
  • Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
  • The program should not take long to finish it's job
  • Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
  • if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
It's normal after running TFC cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI