This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

What is this large temp file?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently I have noticed that a large temp file shows up on my system and I don't think it is something that needs to be here. The file is in Windows Temp: WFV3C.tmp size 46,960 KB It was not always showing up when I would clean up my system by deleting temp files, it just showed up around the first of the year. I cannot delete it and it reappears every time I turn my computer on each day in a somewhat different form, but always large size. I have several questions about this file. 1 - what is this file for and what program, if any, is using it? 2 - is the shear size of this file slowing down the operation of my system? 3 - is this a malacious file and if so, how can I remove it permanently so it doesn't come back every day? Any answers and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry Richmond, VA
Hi Jerry, welcome to WTT.

I can't find any useful information on WFV3C or WFV3C.tmp, so the best thing to do would be to post in our malware forum and have one of the experts there check over your system to make sure there is no malware.

Go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Once cleared, if you are still having this problem, come back here and we'll see what we can figure out.
I removed the HJT log and added it as an attachment. You can copy and paste it into a post in the malware forum, but not here please. [attachment removed]
Please do not post that log here. Instead create a new topic in this forum:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html
There, include your log and your problems.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Once cleared, if you are still having this problem, come back here and we'll see what we can figure out.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI