This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"OPEN WITH" does not work correctly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello! I hope someone can help me out. My problem is the "open with" command in the context menu. I will use .mp3 as an example(although this problem extends to jpegs, etc). When I click on this command, I have the option to open with WINAMP or WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER or I can choose a program. When I click on "choose program", the following warning appears-"The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel". I do have a program(WINAMP)associated with it, don't I? How do I get my list of programs to appear when I click on "open with"? I am using XP PRO with Service Pack 2. HELP!!!!! Thanks!!!!
Open any folder, then go to the menu "tools" at the top of the screen, then "folder options" and click on the tab "file types". You should be able to enable whatever you want from there.
That is my problem-my mp3's, jpeg's, etc. are associated with programs like WINAMP and PHOTOSHOP. The problem lies when I want to open these files with a different program. "Open With" says i can choose a program, but when i click on that option it says the file has no association. BUT they are associated. HELP!!!!
Open the program you want to use.. click on file… then open… navigate to file using the "browse" option.. double click on file or select it and click "ok"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI