This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Oe 5 .dbx Files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Some of the files in this folder are from 1999 – can someone tell me why I have to have them? When and "if" it is Okay to delete them? OS Win98se - Outlook Express 5 - IE 5.5. :scratch:
Hi Rockhound, Those dbx files are your mailboxes from the left pane of OE when it is open. I have deleted individual emails and made my boxes smaller, but I haven't deleted entire dbx files as that would delete the entire mailbox eg: Inbox, Sent, Deleted Files, Outbox. You need the actual mailbox but probably don't need the old emails in them. I also believe that in OE 5.5 you can compact your mailboxes which gets rid of some of the old email - look on the Tools> Options menu. If I were you though I would do it manually removing individual emails. Hope I explained that well enough.