This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Connection Problems

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

No luck. I disconnected everything and reset the modem and after I hooked it all up again, my son's puter gets the connection and mine doesn't. Really Weird I didn't have any problems with the old router except for it overheating, that's why I replaced it. Luckily I didn't decide to go wireless as I see all kinds of problems over on LinkSYS site Now I'm direct to the modem again. If I setup a Gateway do I need to keep the computer on all the time?
Hi Crow, I did a Homer Simpson there, Duuuup It didn't hit me until you said " HUB ". Seems I bought Network Hub instead of a Router, DuuuuuH Oh well the packages are so similar looking I just picked one up without reading the thing. I have since returned the Hub and bought a Router, No Problems now. Thanks for your help and that was one hellava game last night, Whew!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI