This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Media Disconnected with IPCONFIG

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been having a problem accessing the Internet with my home computer. I get a cable unplugged message on the bottom right hand side of my screen. I cannot access the Internet let alone my router. I have tried the following things: New CAT5 cable Bypassed router and went straight from cable modem to computer. Tried release and renew IP Bought new NIC card Tried different PCI slot with new NIC Updated to newest drivers for the new NIC In Device manager there are no problems showing up with my NIC card. When I do a ipconfig I get "media disconnected". There is no green light on my NIC but I am thinking it is a Windows problem because I am having the exact same problem with 2 NIC cards. My sons computer is connected to the same router and he can access the net just fine. PLEASE HELP!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI