I was loading up some CD's to my MP3 player last night when musicmatch 10 opened up and froze my PC. Had to cntrl alt del to reboot the pc. But now when I want to open the volume control, it just sits in the tray and I can't get access to it.
Any suggestions?
I'm able to adjust it there, but when I try to adjust volume by clicking on icon, nothing happens. the volume control doesn't open. The only way to adjust volume, or mute is to go through control panel.
Is my volume control corrupt?
Rich,
Try this just to see. As Crow said, go to Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices> Volume. Then unclick the "Place volume in the taskbar," checkbox. Click OK. Make sure the speaker is gone from your taskbar tray. Then go back in and check the box. Click ok and see if it works now.
Crow, Deaded.
Thanks for your help.
I've tried all your suggestions, even tried each step then rebooted, but, still no way to use the volume control icon. The only way I' seem to be able to control the volume is to go to start>control panel>sounds and audio and open it up, which is a real pain.
Even when I create a new shortcut, it just opens up and stays down on the taskbar (taking up space!)
I really think I've got a damaged or corrupted file now.
I'm running an HP Pavilion with XP Home edition so I will probably have find the required volume control files and reload them. I'm not really sure where I can find those required files now either.
Any suggestions?
Why does such a minor thing cause so much grief?