LilguycatX
Topic Starter
I found s3vs8b9b & s3vseeh3 as files on my C-Drive with no extension – not hidden either. They each consumed 61.2 MB's. Using 'details' in the view menu, I ascertained they were probably put on my hard drive in July 2005. I didn't notice them until 23 Aug 05. They won't open in Word or Word Pad and I can't find any information from google, Symantec or anywhere.
I run Windows 98SE, with NAV, NPF, Ad-aware, Spybot S &D, SpyCop, Pest Patrol and CWShredder – all of which are updated frequently and configured correctly. None of them came up with anything during several scans and Windows Updates. I copied the files to an Iomega 250 Zip disk and deleted them from my hard drive. There has not been any obvious problems up to now. I also hadn't noticed any problems before I deleted them. I also ran Norton WinDoctor and found no lost connection to the Registry. What could have possibly put these two files on my hard drive and what are they? Thanks