This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Networking Problem

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

If I change the gateway IP (router) to 192.168.77.1, my 2 printers will not work. I did find what you are looking for, which is http://192.168.0.1 - PPPoE Status - Microsoft Internet Explorer. Below are the info:


Connection Time 0:2:22
Connecting to server ON
PPP LCP negotiation ON
Authentication ON
Getting IP addresses [removed]
Getting Network Mask 255.0.0.0

Connect Disconnect

There are choices of Connect or Disconnect. This is where I told you that I have to click Connect to connect. And when it is disconnected, this is where I have to click Connect.
Ok so then you are running your a server… which machine is the gateway setup on (which one is the server)..? you should run your internet connection through your modem first .. and.. your printer runs off ports.. not ip's.. I think we need to start over here anyway. I wasnt aware you were using a gateway to connect through. We obviously are not on the same page so if anyone else is watching is thread .. and would like pick up here were i left off.. please do so. (if there is a gateway then the server needs to be setup with each comp's ip addy set manually.. or hardwired as its called.. and set each computer with its own ip.. or you can set them to renew the ip addy automatically either one. But who ever jumps in here.. we need to know what sort of setup we are dealing with before anyone can do anything about it.. )

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI