Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Routing Problems With Netgear 614 Router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computertech

computertech

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:16 AM

I have set up two Emachine PC's using Windows XP Home in a doctors office with Road Runner as my ISP using a Speedstream 5200 Modem and a Netgear 614 Router (wired) and I can not route via Internet Explorer when I try to get on the Internet. If I remove the router, then I route fine. However, I can trace route and ping to both the routers IP address and any external URL/IP address with no packet loss both when I am connected through the router, as well as, straight through to the modem. I have used three different brands of routers, all had the same issue. I have replaced the ethernet cables that go between each device and that doesn't fix the issue. To further confuse the issue, I also have a program on both machines where one is the server and the other is the workstation and it works fine. I have spent hours trying to solve the problem, and I just can not figure out what is going on. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

Register to Remove