Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

active x controls help!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 renten

renten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

ok here it is I want to run a program that I have ran with many times on this computer The other day I decided to re-format which I have done in the past and reloaded this program withno problems this time after formatting I attempted to load the program and I keep getting the error mscomm32.ocx is not valid or not registered properly I have done some research and find out that it is a active x control but now I need help after downloading the mscomm 32 where do I put it and how do I register it? I know it goes into your system file but really I need this spelled out in plain english so I can figure out how to do all this?????? please someone help me I am so confused and furstrated!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:46 AM

Ok get your XP installation cd and put it in. Click Start .. then run.. type command. At the prompt type SFC /scannow and hit enter. SFC (System File Checker) will repair/replace system files. That should take care of it

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 renten

renten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

ok I have 4 installtion cd I had to make them when I bought the pc so do I just try each one? till it works? ok tried all 4 and none would work...

Edited by renten, 21 August 2005 - 09:25 AM.

#4 renten

renten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

ok I got the first cd to run and it went through the motions of checking and verifying windows files and everything was fine but I still can not install this program

#5 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:05 AM

May I ask what the app is your trying to install?

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#6 renten

renten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

May I ask what the app is your trying to install?

View Post

its a loader program..

now it is telling me it is missing the unwise.exe

ughhh !!!!

#7 Guest_faith_michele_*

Guest_faith_michele_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:26 PM

Is it this program that you are trying to load?

KeyGhost Undetected

http://www.keyghost....bleshooting.htm

This one was specific to your original error-

http://www.keyghost....ng.htm#mscomm32

PC is missing MSCOMM32.OCX

If you run the software If your computer pops up a message that states the file MSCOMM32.OCX is missing do the following.

1) Right click on the MSCOMM32.OCX link below and pick 'save target as..'
MSCOMM32.OCX

2) Save the file your hard disk. You will need to place this file in your: /WINNT/SYSTEM32 Directory.

3) Run the KeyGhost ML software again.

I'm not sure if this is what you needed or not.

#8 renten

renten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:13 AM

no its for loading smart cards with a new program on it I have had the program running on this pc for about 2 years with no problems after reformatting it said I didn't have the mscomm program I found that and registered it then went through the motions now it says the unwise.exe file is missing I don't know if you can download a generic unwise program and if that will work from what I understand my spyware program picked this program up as spy ware and deleteed it and this is where all my problems began??