Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MSN games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigprisc

bigprisc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hello... So my problem is i am trying to use MSN messenger, and with it comes games... the Games stated that I need to download certain activeX controls for them to work, and ask me to check my ability to download them. i have checked it, turned everything off, and it still says that the ActiveX controls are missing... I am at my wits end, is there anyone who can help me see what I can do to eliminate this problem? Would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

Hi bigprisc,

A Happy New Year to you, :)

Please go to start>settings>add and remove> and tell us if you have Adobe flash player Activex intalled on your system. If you have it, remove it following this site

Then go to the this site and download and install afresh.

Here is also a support site for you if you need more advice.

Please post back and tell us how you are getting on and if you need more advice.

kind regards,

#3 bigprisc

bigprisc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hello, thank you for your response, and happy new year to you too. I tried the steps to remove and reinstall, and each step was successful. But it gave me the same message though, that some ActiveX controls are missing. "ActiveX Objects Missing 2 Messenger games require ActiveX objects in order to play. Please verify that you have the ability to install ActiveX objects on this machine and relaunch your game " The thing is, i checked all my settings and made sure that I could install activeX objects... is there something else that I am doing wrong?

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

In Add and remove have you got Jave runtime installed? If you have and they are old or outdated versions please remove through Add and Remove then download and install the latest from this link

The latest Java is 6.3

Edit.
I notice you have posted on the HJT Forum without a log included in your post.

Please read the included link for correct proceedure for posting to the Malware forum.

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 04 January 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#5 bigprisc

bigprisc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

Hi... thank you for your help again, I did as you said but it didn't work, it still gave me the same error message. I have spybot and spyware doctor and ad-aware in my comp, would one of these affect the activeX thing too? Also... I will go place a HJT report on my other thread, if I remember how to that is. *twiddles thumbs* ETA: Got the HJT report on my other thread.

Edited by bigprisc, 04 January 2008 - 04:54 AM.

#6 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

As you have now posted your HJT log in the correct forum for the experts to analyse for you, it is now best to leave this thread as it is not prudent to change anything on your computer at this time. When you are finished in the Malware forum and wish or are advised to return to this thread for any reason you are welcome to do so. Please be patient as the volunteers are very busy and give of their time when they can. They have other jobs to go to and come onto the forum when possible to help out on a voluntary basis. kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 04 January 2008 - 05:19 AM.

#7 bigprisc

bigprisc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hello, So am done with the other problem I have... But it doesnt solve my messenger problems basically, since you last helped me, I have deleted Java, Flash, and even IM and reinstalling them in hopes that it would work. But it didnt help at all... I realised that deleting IM and reinstalling it, doesnt change anything at all. seems like my computer has saved all the settings as it is, and when i reinstall, everything just returns to my previous settings. Is there anyway i can completely delete IM, including previously saved settings and all... I think that might help my situation.