Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE6 - giant fonts & no background colors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drifter2005

drifter2005

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my PC running

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:29 AM

I'm hoping there are some "user adjustable" settings that I can make to bring back the nice, organized, pleasing, web pages I used to enjoy. I think the problem began at or near the time I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware cleanups. The two most apparent symptoms are that all the fonts are huge and overlay each other (at least on www.msn.com), 2nd symptom is almost total absence of background color on all web pages. I managed to shrink the fonts some by checking boxes under Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility combined with View/Text Size/Smallest but I sense that this is a brute force fix and not the right one. Ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Surreal2

Surreal2

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:16 AM

Just to check...under Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility, are all three of the Formatting (ignore) options UNticked; and the User style sheet also UNticked?

Edited by Surreal2, 22 August 2005 - 10:17 AM.

#3 drifter2005

drifter2005

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my PC running

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

Yes, they are all "unticked". :)

#4 Shiree

Shiree

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:31 AM

I'm having the same exact problem. :( All my text in IE6 is huge and my backgrounds are not showing up. My system currently has no viruses and I redownload IE. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this or point me to a tutorial??