This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE6 - giant fonts & no background colors

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm hoping there are some "user adjustable" settings that I can make to bring back the nice, organized, pleasing, web pages I used to enjoy. I think the problem began at or near the time I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware cleanups. The two most apparent symptoms are that all the fonts are huge and overlay each other (at least on www.msn.com), 2nd symptom is almost total absence of background color on all web pages. I managed to shrink the fonts some by checking boxes under Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility combined with View/Text Size/Smallest but I sense that this is a brute force fix and not the right one. Ideas?
Just to check…under Tools/Internet Options/Accessibility, are all three of the Formatting (ignore) options UNticked; and the User style sheet also UNticked?
I'm having the same exact problem. :( All my text in IE6 is huge and my backgrounds are not showing up. My system currently has no viruses and I redownload IE. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this or point me to a tutorial??

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI