Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE Mystery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LadyTepesh

LadyTepesh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

Since I bought this machine, anytime I go online I can only view webpages with white backgrounds. If the pages use a particular wallpaper, I can't see it, it just appears as if no background color or wallpaper has been used. This also is the case when I try to build or edit pages in Frontpage. However, if I run Netscape, the backgrounds appear as they should. I have called HP, Microsoft, tech support all over and no one can seem to explain or remedy this. I was told by HP to backup everything and reinstall XP. This would be a great deal of trouble for me because many of my PINs and registration codes are difficult if not impossible to locate. Anyone heard of this problem before and how to fix without having to do a complete re-install of WindowsXP? I have upgraded to 6.0, which has not fixed the problem, nor has installing service pack 2. Thanks!!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

Don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.

If you download and double click on this small app, it will restore all the default search fuctions for IE.

http://www.spywarein...tools/IEFIX.reg

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom