This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ie6 Continusly Refreshes

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

While using my computer, especially IE6 my title bar on top lightens and I can no longer type. It seems to occur about every 5 to 8 seconds. If I wait five or ten seconds the bar darkens and I can continue or, I can just re click on the page and continue. It’s almost as if the page is refreshing but I never lose what I’ve already typed. I’ve done my virus scans, CWShredder and Adaware. I did have the about:blank thing but think I have that resolved. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeff

Attachments:

This is what I suggest you do first.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot, Ad-Aware SE and HijackThis. All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update.

Spybot:
Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)


Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Download HijackThis link in my signature below.
Save it to a permanent folder (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT). Open and hit scan, then save log. Once it is saved it will open in notepad. Select all from the edit button, copy and paste the results here. Don't fix anything with it yet! Someone experienced with the logs will advise you.
Jeff if you still need help.

Please follow the instructions below

Here's how to post a Hijack This log

Download "HijackThis" here
When downloading, choose "save to disk" and NOT open!

Now create a new folder for it, C:\Hijackthis, for example.
After unzipping the file. to C:\Hijack This, you'll end up with the file itself, which is Hijackthis.exe, and that's the one you'll need to doubleclick.'

When the program launches, hit the "Scan" button
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, and save the log anywhere you like.

Now if you doubleclick the log file.Go to Edit > Select all, then to Edit > copy.
Now you've copied the entire text to the Windows Clipboard (this happens behind your back.)

Next, go back to this forum thread, and click "Add Reply".
In an empty area click your RIGHT mouse button, and choose 'Paste' from the context menu.
There's your Hijack This log.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.


To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI