Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Installing New Ram

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arin

arin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 06:21 PM

How do I install this new RAM I have? I put it in the computer, but in the RAM directions I have to use the computer manual to allow my computer to recognize the new RAM.. I dont have a manual

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 AL...

AL...

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

Need more information. What kind of ram, how old is/what make is the computer . A motherboard make and number would be nice if you have them handy. Most modern ram is push fit and make sure the computer run's and that's it. That is so long as you havent miss matched speed's, and type's ie: sdram with ddr or ram bus. They wont fit in each other's slot's but it wont stop you buying them and trying. Also you can only have one type (sdram/ddr/ram bus) in your computer at a time. Al.

#3 arin

arin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:44 PM

Uh.. I have a ECS LVMM motherboard.. I have two PC2100 DDR RAMs with 256MB each. Had the comptuer about 2 years possibly.. Emachines

#4 AL...

AL...

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

It should just be a case of slotting it in and it's ready to go. Put it in the next avaliable slot (ie: next to the one that's installed) as some motherboard's still get a bit funny about it. Al.