This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Unknown ram

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So recently my friend decided to give me one of his old computers for spare parts. The computer has 2 sticks of 1gb ddr ram. I just want to know if its PC3200 ram or not so I know if I can put it in my computer. The ram is from a company called Hynix. I never heard of them before :/ There's a sticker on the ram that says: 1GB, DDR1 DIMM, Q AOTQD PO#130475 Assembled in USA Any help?
Hi, If the computer still works then go here: www.crucial.com and let the Crucial scanner do the work. Its Ok to accept the Active X control from that site as its generally considered safe. If The computer doesn't work you could try putting it in a "expendable" machine and see how you go Regards paws

Hi, If the computer still works then go here:
www.crucial.com
and let the Crucial scanner do the work.
Its Ok to accept the Active X control from that site as its generally considered safe.

If The computer doesn't work you could try putting it in a "expendable" machine and see how you go
Regards
paws

Alright thanks. If it turns out that the memory I got is PC2700 and My ram that is already installed is PC3200, will that cause problems? Also, will that test determine what the other kind of ram is?

EDIT: I just test it and it turns out to be PC3200!!! What are the odds of that!? :D I NOW HAVE 4 GIGS OF RAM! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thanks for the help man!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI