This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vicam USB Camera

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a ViCam USB Port Camera that I used to use on 98. I use XP now and have downloaded ViCAM5858.exe. When I attempt to install the driver, it initially brings up the box in which you select Finish and it starts to unpack the files. It then gives me the error "C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." I downloaded the file from 3Com.com which says this file is compatible with XP. How do I get this driver to work? Thanks for any assistance.
hmm.. try redownloading it. May have lost a packet or two somewere in there. If that doesnt work, then right click on the file you downloaded and choose properties… under the compatibility tab choose to run the file to be compatible with Windows 2000. Post back and let us know.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI