This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

DLL Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! I just installed a Logitech Buddy Cam Express and I keep getting the box "Can not run Unicode version of ATL71.DLL on Windows 98, 95 and Me. Please install ANSI. I have Windows 98. I found ATL.DLL on my computer, as instructed in a previous post. I had two…..one in the Systems folder with a date of year 2000. The other was a file in a programs file as a back up dated 2004. I moved that to the system file. Nothing changed and I am still getting the message. I am soooo frustrated!! Any help would be sooo appreciated! Thanks!
I found this searching the web. I don't know if this works or not. So you're on your own. Hope it helps. I will attach the Zip File.

Here's the link to the web site where we found the ANSI version of ATL71.dll
http://www.pagesbydave.net/VS.net/Win/System/ansi/

I am also attaching a zip file called ansiatl71.zip that has ATL71.dll in it.

Once we downloaded the file I renamed all existing ATL71.dll files to ATL71.old, then copied the new file into:
c:\windows
c:\windows\system
c:\windows\system\drivers

Obviously I cannot take responsibility for the contents of the above web site, or the zipped file that I uploaded to this site.

Attachments:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI