Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

A Required .dll File, Msvcr71.dll Was Not Found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stephmz

stephmz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:23 years old

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:57 PM

i was trying to download the new yahoo messenger and a box popped up and said a required .dll file, msvcr71.dll was not found. what is this file and how do i get it back so i can download the new yahoo messenger??????

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 SevenOwl

SevenOwl

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Is there anything else?

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:18 PM

Did you click on download messenger or open from? Most of the time what happens with the .dll files is when it is downloading/installing it can become corrupt causing the error. Simply try downloading the program, and installing it again, that should usually clear it up. Try to download the program in full to your HDD instead of using the open from command. Hopefully this works for you. If not please post again, and I'll see what I can do. :)

#3 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

If all else fails, you can download it here:

http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?msvcr71

I'm not sure if that will solve any problems or not.

The next question is, where do you download it to?

I've got XP, and that file isn't on my machine.

I believe you have '98.

I ran into a problem like that (DLL missing) when I tried to run CWShredder on my daughters PC the first time.

I had to go the M$oft web site and download the support package for Visual Basic.

However, this DLL is for this: "Microsoft® C Runtime Library, v. 7.10.3052.4"

I hope this post is of some assistance. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!