This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

A Required .dll File, Msvcr71.dll Was Not Found

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

i was trying to download the new yahoo messenger and a box popped up and said a required .dll file, msvcr71.dll was not found. what is this file and how do i get it back so i can download the new yahoo messenger??????
Did you click on download messenger or open from? Most of the time what happens with the .dll files is when it is downloading/installing it can become corrupt causing the error. Simply try downloading the program, and installing it again, that should usually clear it up. Try to download the program in full to your HDD instead of using the open from command. Hopefully this works for you. If not please post again, and I'll see what I can do. :)
If all else fails, you can download it here:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71

I'm not sure if that will solve any problems or not.

The next question is, where do you download it to?

I've got XP, and that file isn't on my machine.

I believe you have '98.

I ran into a problem like that (DLL missing) when I tried to run CWShredder on my daughters PC the first time.

I had to go the M$oft web site and download the support package for Visual Basic.

However, this DLL is for this: "Microsoft® C Runtime Library, v. 7.10.3052.4"

I hope this post is of some assistance. :)