I used to use a dial-up ISP which is provided free and I believe my account is still active. I now use Blueyonder via a wireless link from my Cable TV box.
Is it possible to access my old ISP's servers without having to connect a 'phone cable to my PC?
Normally you can just go to the "old" ISP's web site and log in to read email.
For instance, if you use AOL, you can use their software (if at home) to read your email, or use IE (if at work or away from home) and login at www.aol.com to read email.
Or, it is may be possible to configure the software you used to access the "old" ISP to use your "new" connection.
If you have any questions/problems, please post your "old" ISP and I will try to help.
M68
Thanks for the reply, only got around to picking it up yesterday. There was a webmail facility on the main site and I was able to get in with my old sign-on details. How simple was that? I never realised that their webmail and ordinary email were connected! Next project is to try and update my old website, but I think I know how to do that. Oh, and check about 1800 emails!!
Thanks again
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI