This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

XP Updates won't install

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I hope someone can help me. For some reason, I can no longer get my Windows Updates to install. When I go to the Windows Update Page, I have 17 updates to download(my last successful update install was 30.May.2005). The updates ALL download without a problem, but will not install. Afterwards, there is a screen that informs me …."the following updates failed to install"(all 17). I have also tried installing them one by one, only with the same result. There are NO error messages presented, only…."the following updates failed to install". I am running XP PRO with Service Pack 1. HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!
I encountered the same problem with a Windows ME system (believe it or not) that I was fixing a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if this may be helpful, or perhaps you've already done it this way, but what I did that worked was:

Reboot
login as administrator
install oldest update
reboot
install next oldest….. rinse, lather, repeat……
You get the idea.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI