This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft Updates Issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I used both the Windows Update tool on my laptop as well as gone to the Microsoft.com site and tried to update from there, but neither have worked. After I say "Install" in the updates window, it tries to install them, but after a few seconds it says "The following Updates could not be installed" and lists about 100 updates. Not sure what I can do to resolve this, I have XP SP2 installed on my laptop. Thanks in advance.
Hi spo0k1e

Irritating error, but nothing that can't be resolved. Its a well-known problem with the updater, and theres an easy cure.

Download this little utility-tool: Dial-A-Fix

Unzip the tool to a map of its own.

then follow this procedure:

1: Double-click the blue wheel
2: Click on the button saying: "Flush softwaredistribution"
3: Place a checkmark in "Fix windows update"
4: Click "GO" in the bottom left corner
5: Let it work through
6: Reboot
7: Now you should be able to update normally

Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI