This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

wallpaper covered by blackbackground

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just posted a hijack this log…I don't know if this is related to my virus woes or not. I know my browser was hijacked, before I ran MS antispyware. I am running windows XP with SP2. My wallpaper is covered by a black background. Like it inserted itself between my desktop and wallpaper.When I right click on my desktop and select "properties" I only have two tabs available: "screensaver" and settings. I'm guessing that some type of html document was put somewhere on my computer, but, I haven't had any success finding it. I looked at a post titled, "Computer won't display background, always white". It is pretty much the same problem as me. But, the advice given didn't work for me. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks, Screamer141
hi welcome to tc forums. Yes you have some big time trojans and other malware.. some one is working on your log…. This should fix all of your issues, just be patient for the reply.
Haven't seen you reply to your HJT log in a while whats going on.. You still need help? Get your desktop back yet? I saw the log and almost 99% was removed that should have been.. If you don't come back and reply we can't get you to that next step…
HI, I am in the middle east at present. I am due back in two days. I thought I alluded to that in my last post to shelflife. But, thanks for your interest. I will recheck both my posts when I return in two days. Thanks, Screamer

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI