Thanks for your time. I think my spyware issues are over and I know it'll take awhile before anyone can respond in the other area…I believe the issue now is deleted registry and / or driver files from my laptop and desktop when I got rid of abetterinternet(yeah, right!), DrP, optimizer, media motor, DyFuCa…because certain of these files had been listed in my system files in the RESTORE section! I haven't restored because I don't want to bring back the dead…don't know when the infection began either. Can't even use the internet from the desktop no matter what I do or whether I use Mozilla or IE. I'm pretty close to saving what I need on a jump drive from the desktop and wiping the whole thing out as I've spent two plus weeks on this and my family's having a fit: "is the computer working? Can I get on the internet?" AHHH I did wipe out the laptop as it was new and easier than searching out all these parasites..don't have much info on it now because I knew I needed one computer working in order to fix this stuff.. I'm over my head but willing to learn…at least I'm still learning things at my age, right? Also cannot do Administrator things on desktop computer signed in under any name. When I am trying to copy files to cd to save it is telling me there is extra information attached that may be lost when I copy, do I want to continue and lose it? I'm not listing all the symptoms here because for the most part some are vague and when you know your computer, YOU JUST KNOW something's not right…