TrojanSlayer95
Topic Starter
Allright. Where Do I start?
1. This is a very old and useless computer. I most likely am disposing of it and slavaging the tiny hard drive, but I want to know if there is anythign on it anyway.
2. It randomly freezes either apps or the whole system.
3. IE has become completely destroyed.
4. Netscape vanished.
5. It just got really slow all of a sudden.
I have been informed that the 9x versions tend to worsen with age, so i'm keeping that in mind.
Recently, I did my first virus scan on this computer. (The 98 one). Ad aware picked up some infected cookies and "Alexa". Spyware doctor picked up a keylogger and momnitoring progs, but It would not let me register the program because I can no longer access the internet through that computer. Registry mechanic picked up over 300 registry errors, but could not fix half of them because I could not register.
here is some system information about that computer;
(hard drive)
Label: Moo
Type: Local Disc
File System: FAT32
Used Space: 2.36 GB
Free Space: 1.66 GB
Capacity: 4.03GB
The rest;
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:10:57 PM, on 2/24/07
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
And a tiny, tiny RAM of 13 MB.
—
I just want to know if there is any malware or spyware on it, here's the HJT log.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:41:42 PM, on 2/24/07
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILD FILE\GOBACK\GBPOLL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SM56HLPR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PNY ATTACHé\SHWICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILD FILE\GOBACK\GBMENU.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINMAC\WINMAC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SM56ACL] sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LexStart] lexstart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowIcon_PNY_PNY Attaché] "C:\Program Files\PNY Attaché\shwicon.exe" -t"PNY\PNY Attaché"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] c:\windows\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [GoBack Polling Service] C:\Program Files\Wild File\GoBack\GBPoll.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\PROGRAM FILES\SUPERANTISPYWARE\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE
O4 - Startup: GoBack.lnk = C:\Program Files\Wild File\GoBack\GBMenu.exe
O4 - Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
okay. thanks in advance