This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Start-up menu

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I need to know how to take programs off the start-up menu. I have about 5 programs that I hardly ever use, and they are making the strat-up of the computer slower. I have windows XP. Thanks for any help, Tony
Your best option is to use the configuration options in the program itself to take it out of the startups. If there are still some left that won't go away then other steps can be taken. As an example, if you delete Real Player's run key it will just rewrite it the next time you run the program but if you go into Real Player and turn off its load on system startup 'feature' then it will stay off. Let us know if you need more help after you have disabled as many as you can via configuration menus.
Thanks for the information. I'll try that and see what happens.





Your best option is to use the configuration options in the program itself to take it out of the startups.  If there are still some left that won't go away then other steps can be taken.  As an example, if you delete Real Player's run key it will just rewrite it the next time you run the program but if you go into Real Player and turn off its load on system startup 'feature' then it will stay off.

Let us know if you need more help after you have disabled as many as you can via configuration menus.

173730

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI