Hi Guys
just cleaned up all my malware issues and now onto the length of time my computer takes to load up at start is there any programmes I can close down from the start menu? I have Windows 7 home version installed
2 min read
Hi Guys
just cleaned up all my malware issues and now onto the length of time my computer takes to load up at start is there any programmes I can close down from the start menu? I have Windows 7 home version installed
There are numerous things that could be contributing to your situation, and most likely it's a combination of most if not all of them, so lets start with the basics and see what it's like after that.
To begin with get and run some junk file cleaners, I use ATF-Cleaner, CCleaner (free version), and Disk Cleaner, each gets a bit the others don't, junk and temp files make a big difference if not kept clear, I run each of these before I shut down each day, takes me maybe 1 minute to do.
Also bear in mind that if your hard drive is to full that can have a major affect on your performance, so once you get over say 60% capacity you will possibly start to get a slow down, not noticeable to start with as it creeps up on you and you get used to it initially, the system restore can be a factor if you are getting fairly full (this can be changed if needed), unlikely to be the case here, but I mention it to raise awareness.
Now the greatest tool you can probably use is WinPatrol, because you can safely disable start up items without making it hard to recover, if you are unsure what is safe to stop you can select to disable it, if all is well after that then it's fair to say it's not needed, if you have a problem then simply enable it again, dealing with a single entry at a time go through them 1 by 1, if you do more than that and something goes wrong, it makes it harder to figure out which one it was, but if you want to take a screenshot of the start up programs we can tell you what the best options are, but some may be personal choice, we can point these out to you if we see some.
Once installed launch it (if you haven't let it auto launch as the install finishes), and click on the "Startup Programs" tab, if it's a big list you can resize the window, just hover the mouse over an edge or corner until it changes to a double arrow icon, then click and hold and drag to the size you want, or you could simply just maximise it lol, so if you want to do this then come back with an update we can go from there, hopefully you should be showing some sign of improvement.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI