This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently had to do some work on my computer to get rid of some spyware/virus stuff. I am now trying to get my pc back in to good shape. I would like to run a Windows Update before installing securitysoftware. During my Windows Update, the process jut freezes. Nothing happens. Sometimes I get the downloading and installing screen, but there is never any progress. Can you help? Thanks much, BobSmith
How many icons do you have in your system tray (where your clock is)? Cleaning those up will free resources which may be your problem but deff. will not hurt to do so anyway

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI