Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

mp 10 set up exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 csand-1

csand-1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hy I downloaded Micro soft player,and when i go to install i get error message MP 10setup exe.1s not a valid window 32 application.Running xp pro.Any ideas thanks. Oldman :) :)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

Try this....

Navigate to C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and copy wmploc.dll to C:\Windows\System32.

Try installing it again after you have copied the dll.

#3 csand-1

csand-1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

Try this....

Navigate to C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and copy wmploc.dll to C:\Windows\System32.

View Post

Thanks Kota-Forgot to mention I am 80 and not to experienced-when you say navigate to -I tryed searching -but not having any luck-Can you make it a little simpler for me ,mayby a lot simpler.LOL thanks Oldmen

#4 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:19 AM

No problem! :)

Right click on "My Computer", choose "Explore". In the left hand section, click on your C: drive. Click on the Windows folder, then the ServicePackFiles folder, then the i386 folder.

Once in the i386 folder, look for wmploc.dll in the right hand section where all the files are. Once you have found wmploc.dll, right click on it and choose "Copy".

In the left hand section, locate and click on the System32 folder. Right click in the right hand section, a menu should pop up... choose "Paste". That should paste the file into the System32 folder. If it asks to overwrite the existing file... answer yes.

This will only work if you have updated WindowsXP to at least Service Pack 1. Have you installed any Service Packs? If you are unsure, right click on "My Computer", choose "Properties". The System Properties box should pop up with the "General" tab selected. Under the System heading... you should see your version of Winodws and whether or not you have installed any Service Packs. It will say either Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2.

#5 csand-1

csand-1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:00 PM

Try this....

View Post

Thanks Kota-Forgot to mention I am 80 and not to experienced-when you say navigate to -I tryed searching -but not having any luck-Can you make it a little simpler for me ,mayby a lot simpler.LOL thanks Oldmen

View Post

ok did it all now have to download again and try it will let you know.Be a little while think my dial up server is on the other ewnd of waxed string and coffee can realy slow.Thanks Oldman

#6 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

:thumbup: Let me know how it goes!

#7 csand-1

csand-1

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

Try this....

View Post

View Post

ok did it all now have to download again and try it will let you know.Be a little while think my dial up server is on the other ewnd of waxed string and coffee can realy slow.Thanks Oldman

View Post

did everthing by the numbers,found both files-clk on dill it said all ready in there but I went ahead and replaced it like you said.Ran the orgram again but the same error message poped up again.Think this thing hates me.Oldman hate to take up your time.Thanks Oldman

#8 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Did you try to uninstall the previous WMP10 installation first? Go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Uninstall WMP10. Reboot. Try to download and install it again after that. Let me know how it goes.