This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help me Please! Log is after multi other scans

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well, I started out on the McAfee Virus Removal Forum. I had already done various Safe Mode scans, and online scans with them and they kept saying I was clean, but I knew my machine was NOT running correctly, so I posted there for opinions and help. I'm working from my main machine on a home network, and I honestly think the infection started on my other (ancient) machine. Let a neighbor's kid do some homework, and she turned off the protection in order to download a bunch of stuff without asking me first, then proceeded to cruise the net and eventhough I discovered what she'd been doing….it was too late, and unfortunately, my main computer was hooked in as well. I noticed a big difference immediately, so did all the usual scans, then the safe mode and online scans and a boot scan on my main machine (slave turned off). All the scans came up as clean, but I knew better. So I downloaded AdAware, and it found and cleaned a few things, then downloaded and ran Trojan Remover, and it found and cleaned some things, then downloaded Spybot S&D and it found some more things that have been cleaned as well. I also downloaded CWShredder. Now it found and removed the CW:About Blank…..and eventhough I did each with the system restore turned off……then rebooted to complete the clean…..turned on system restore and scanned again……it still finds it each and every time (6 scans in all). I gave up after that, and went ahead and turned on the hidden filed and did the HijackThis scan.

Oh….I also went to a2…..did their online scan and removal as well as going to grc and tested the integrity of my system. a2 found and removed a few things too and grc gave me 100% on the integrity check….except for a site my system considered friendly…..then it gave a probe back for unsolicited data, but once the browser closed and tested again integrity was back to 100%.

After I complete this computer, I will shut this one down and repeat all this on my slave. So, I'll be back with another log eventually. My entire work week has been spent cleaning this sucker, so I hope someone here will take pity on me and help me sort out the remnants I KNOW are still present, as my system still isn't up to snuff. Oh…..I got super zapped on my java upgrade. All the old java info somehow got deleted, and I had to do a system restore to a prior state before the java upgrade…..so of course, my MSI Live Update can't even find it's homepage now. I don't see the MSJVM on this system now either, but honestly don't even know if it was ever present to start with. I had also run the sfc /scannow when my machine originally came up as "clean".

Thanks Sooooooo Much in advance! HijackThis log is as follows:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:53:28 AM, on 5/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\QUICKENW\QAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mrtMngr.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://google.icq.com/search/search_frame.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://google.icq.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee PopupKiller - {3EC8255F-E043-4cae-8B3B-B191550C2A22} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\POPUPK~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QAGENT] C:\Program Files\QUICKENW\QAGENT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Open systems] C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -minimize
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -trayboot
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: PC Alert 4.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSI\PC Alert 4\PCAlert4.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ICQ Toolbar Search - res://C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\PROGRA~1\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\PROGRA~1\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .UVR: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPUPano.dll
O16 - DPF: {0246ECA8-996F-11D1-BE2F-00A0C9037DFE} (TDServer Control) - http://my.uo.com/fonts/tdserver.cab
O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} (MetaStreamCtl Class) - https://components.viewpoint.com/MTSInstall…e/opo0328a.html
O16 - DPF: {0713E8D2-850A-101B-AFC0-4210102A8DA7} (Microsoft ProgressBar Control, version 5.0 (SP2)) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/Shared/C…22/ComCtl32.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {3DA5D23B-EFE1-4181-ADB7-7D457567AACA} (TGOnlineCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/pacz/default/pandaonline.cab
O16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rtlw/default/R…bGameLoader.cab
O16 - DPF: {4E330863-6A11-11D0-BFD8-006097237877} (InstallFromTheWeb ActiveX Control) - http://tw.msi.com.tw/autobios/client/iftwclix.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…84/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5F0C30E4-1E72-4DCC-85E5-57810F1CA97B} (McUpdatePortalFactory Class) - http://www.amiuptodate.com/vsc/bin/1,0,0,7…pdatePortal.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E28B3A9-FE83-45D1-B657-D5426B81A121} (CustomerCtrl Class) - http://cs8b.instantservice.com/jars/customerxsigned41.cab
O16 - DPF: {963BE66B-121D-4E6C-BF9F-1A774D9A2E41} (MSN Money Charting) - http://moneycentral.msn.com/cabs/pmupdate2.exe
O16 - DPF: {9AA73F41-EC64-489E-9A73-9CD52E528BC4} (ZoneAxRcMgr Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binGame/ZAxRcMgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {9D8D7672-93FF-417E-9024-C16AD141C50C} (Haunted Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v49/haunted/haunted.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (ASquaredScanForm Element) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/axscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,21/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {BDD2F926-8158-4F62-9E0D-B3B75FD1F07F} (McObjectFactory Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/M…0,2/mcmysec.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://media.grab.com/media/fbd793/games/f…outLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {D77EF652-9A6B-40C8-A4B9-1C0697C6CF41} (TikGames Online Control) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/shpo/default/shapo.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zuma/default/popcaploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5D419D6-A846-4514-9FAD-97E826C84822} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/…489/mcfscan.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe


Thanks very much again.
Hello Niaren and welcome to TomCoyote. :wavey:

I need some further information on this file. Do you know what it is? Right click on the file and choose 'properties', than on the 'version' tab note what the "Company" and "Version" are.

C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

If you still are unsure what this file is, please submit it to the following links for a scan.
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

You may need to set your computer to show all files to find it.
  • Double-click My Computer.
  • Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
  • Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
  • Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Post the results in this thread along with a new HijackThis log.
Thanks alsocom. I also posted on Geeks To Go and I've completed all of their instructions and my main computer is now clean and working correctly. It definitely had numerous problems. Thanks again for getting back to me. Yes this is one of many they had me delete/fix via HJT. I appreciate it! :thumbup: Niaren
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link: (Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI