Hello Experts!
4 min read
Hello!
I'm so glad I found this forum. I really appreciate the service you are providing for us technically challenged people!
I myself am having problems with my pc too….Yellow popups, virus alerts, trojans. I have McAfee running and have survived almost 2 years without any problems. However, I am really surprised now to find the McAfee was not able to prevent the problems I'm having now.
I really need help soon because I use my computer for my job and I'm afraid now to do anything on it in fear I may spread the virus to others. I ran all of the software suggested and the Hijackthis log.
When running the AVG, it came up with a warning about not being able to quarantine a file. I was not sure what to do, so I posted the question in this forum. Later, I decided to click "Yes" to quarantine the archive and posted a reply indicating such. After I was all done and ready to post the logs, I opened another new topic and posted my items there.
This morning I logged on to find that my first post and second posts were combined. So now it looks like I've had 2 replies to my problem when in fact I haven't received any help at all. Is there a way to completely delete the posts and start over…or delete the first post and reply so it woud show as 0 replies?
My post is listed as: Virus popups, IE session disappear, etc
Please help me sort this out.
Thanks!
Mollymarie
HI MollyMarie,
Welcome to WhatThetech,
Please read the following thread to get help for your posted HJT log. Take particular notice of the tip regarding answering your own logs.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
As you have answered your own log, it will take longer for you to receive an answer to your request for log analyzing.
kind regards,
Hi Tallin,
Thanks for responding!
Last night I had created my first post with a different topic title something like "AVG error" and then replied to it when I encountered an error during the AVG quarantine.
Then after I had gotten all of the logs together I created a New Topic and put my logs into it. I didn't reply to this new entry. I then shut down my computer for the night and then the next morning I find that all three posts are put into one with the latest topic title….Weird!! :-(
I hope I don't get forgotten. Just wondering if I should repost or just wait…
Thanks,
MollyMarie
Hi Again,
I suggest you wait, and follow this thread
kind regards,