This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

not enough memory

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I switch on my PC I get a message box stating 'Not enough memory to run 32 bit Windows program'. When I close this box, everything runs OK so I have no idea why I get this warning. I have 512 memory and plenty of space on hard disk Any ideas? I am a PC novice so relatively non-technical replies if possible, please. Cestode
Do you know what your pagefile is set to?.. In Control Panel, click on System (I am assuming your running XP but either way your pagefile is the same location just different paths) under the "Advanced" tab click on the "Settings" button aside from "Performance" then under the "Advanced" tab again click on "Change" and post back here what the "Initial" and "Max" is set to. (Windows 98, 98se and ME just tell us what the MAX is set to)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI