Rockitman
Topic Starter
A couple of weeks ago, I posted in the Windows forum about a problem this Dell pc was having. Here is my post:
"A friend gave me his pc to look at. Having all kinds of problems.
When browsing in IE6, it's get this error:
Iexplore.exe application error
Instruction at 0x1215139 referenced memory at 0x000000000c. The memory could not be written.
Other times I'll get this error:
C:\Docs and Settings\username\desktop is not assesible. Not enough quota is available to process this command.
This error as well:
The application failed to initialize properly 0xc000000017, Click OK to terminate.
I installed McAfee, and during the scan I got this:
Scan32 has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Installed AVG and during it's scan got this:
Avgas.exe has encountered a problems and needs to close."
It was suggested that I had memory issues since the pc only had 256mb of Ram. So we purchased another 512mb stick and installed it but still getting alot of problems.
At least I could run my AVG and it found some things, a couple of trojans that it quarantined.
I ran ATF cleaner and it craps out when it tried to clear files in the Temp folders.
I narrowed it down to one user's profile, Docs and Settings/Username/Local Settings/Temp. There is a Temporary Internet Files folder in this temp directory and there is some nasty stuff in there because anytime I try to delete it I get "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Even tried this in Safe Mode with same results.
Still getting Iexplore.exe Application error when I surf the net as well.
Have run Adaware and Spybot, which also picked up some stuff and killed but I'm still stuck .
Ran SmithFraud and have a log file but not sure what to make of it.
I've killed all things in msconfig Startup and non Windows services but no help.
What do I do now??