After I've been online for a while, I keep getting the message ""Script on this page is not displayed due to low memory conditions"
Last time someone had me check on how much space was left on my computer(a few months ago), it was almost 90%. I have no idea what this is about. Help? Thanks!
I have windows xp sp3.
If you are concerned about resource usage on your computer, task manager is a very good way to determine what is going on in real time.
Open task manager, (ctrl-shift-esc), and click the Performance tab. In there it will show you CPU usage and memory usage. Under the physical memory section, see how much it says is available during these times you are experiencing problems. You may have a program that is leaking memory and it is slowly eating up all the available memory. If this was the case your system would slow down to a crawl during the same time you received the error message.
That's exactly what happened. Everything took forever to do anything. Right now under "available is says 122149, and keeps changing. How do I find out what's happening? I mean, how do I find out which program would be causing the problem? And how do I fix it?
How you fix it depends on what is causing the problem.
Another clue as to WHAT is causing the problem can be found by clicking the "Processes" tab in task manager, and clicking the "Mem Usage" header twice. This will sort your processes by the most memory intensive at the top. When the problem occurs, the process using all your RAM will be at or near the top and growing probably.
It might help to tell me how much total memory you have in your computer? It can be found under the Physical Memory section located under the "Performance" tab in task manager.
Ok. It happened again. Once when hubby was first on this morning(I tried to talk him through what to do- no luck!). Then, It happened to me again this evening. Task manager said the largest user at that moment was Firefox.exe at 159709k, but the number started going down, not up. In a few seconds, it was down below 98000k. However, I still couldn't get on here to post it. None of the "scripting" was allowed, including reply boxes. It appeared to be "read only".
PCPitStop may reveal how your memory is being used and how we can make things run better:
How to run PCPitStop's Overdrive tests:
Please click here to go to the PCPitStop Overdrive sign-up page: Signup at PCPitStop (You need to use Internet Explorer with this test so that an ActiveX control can be installed.)
Click "Create a free account"
Enter in your relevant information on the sign-up page. You must sign-up in order to have your results recorded so that we can take a look at them here.
After signing up you'll see the "Registration Complete" page, and you can click "Test Your System Now" to return to the test page.
Login with your newly created e-mail address and password on the left hand side.
Follow the directions to "Scan this system now." An activeX control will need to be installed. It is safe, and you should allow it to be installed.
Once the tests have been run, you will see an "Almost there" page requesting further information about your computer and your experience with PCPitStop, just scroll down to the bottom and click "GO."
A test results page will display, and I need the link to that page.
Look in the address bar of your browser. It will look like 'http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/…' Please copy and paste that here to the forum.
Note: PCPitStop may recommend that you use certain utilities to fix problems on your computer. At WhatTheTech, the help we provide is free. We do not endorse or recommend the use of any products PCPitStop may suggest. Instead, we prefer to help you with each issue manually without using possible pay to use programs.
I do use both of them. My default browser is Firefox, which I use for the majority of things. However, sometimes I have no choice but to use IE.
Here are both the codestarter files:
[Removed for readability]
Hi Sinnead
If it always occurs in FireFox (which I assume is the latest update, version 3.5.1) try start Firefox in Firefox safemode.
Start > All Programs > Mozilla FireFox > Mozilla FireFox (Safemode)
If no memory leaks occurs in safemode, it is a addon (or toolbar perhaps) thats the culprit.
Cheers
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI