Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Explore error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sean Sullivan

Sean Sullivan

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

On a machine running win 98, I keep getting the error message from explorer : windows has caused a fatal error, SHFOLDER.DLL@0167:719232e3. On boot up only the task bar shows up and the mouse moves but does nothing. Don't know what to do? Thanks Sean

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:09 AM

Can you boot to safe mode..? (hold down f2..or f7 cant remember which but one of them) and choose to boot to safe mode.. see if you can get there

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Sean Sullivan

Sean Sullivan

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:59 AM

Yes I can get to boot mode.

#4 Sean Sullivan

Sean Sullivan

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

I mean I can boot to safe mode.

#5 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

Ok... boot to safe mode.. when there, click start, run, and then copy and paste this c:\Windows\System\Sfc.exe you may need to do it this way if that doesnt work (long time since I have been on 98) click start, run,, type command then at the prompt type SFC.EXE then once you get a menu... choose.. or type the command.. to scannow. Also you will need the image or the 98 installation cd. Do that and post back

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"