This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Completely Confused Pc & Operator Of

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please first view this link, then hopefully following will make more sense…

today computer restarted without my asking it to, then once windows and all other software was started, I got an error message, I admit, I have been fidling with the registry, but, only after reading what files can be safely deleted, from Microsoft Support - deleting from computer


I thought I was being very careful, but something still went horribly wrong… hence the "serious error" saved in "Mini042505-01.dmp" which I wanted to include here as an attachment, but, seems the forum's system won't allow this type of file to be sent as attachment, so unless there is a way to change it to a txt file, I can't see how I'd be able to attach it… any thoughts on this newest complication? :( Now what?? I now have 3 of those "Mini…" files from other errors. :rant2:

(where'd that ax go, I know it's in this house somewhere…; watch out computer, I feel the urge to distroy something…)

I desperatly need to do some system house cleaning, but, due to space restrictions, can't at this time, hence the original reason I'd posted in the first place. Must regain some space, I must, I must, I must….

unless I can run from another drive, completly seperate physical h/d a cleanup program, or, registry cleaner, or space recoverer If such a program exists that is!!!

So, that's my plight in as small a nut shell, as I can possibly get it.


I'm seriously looking forward to some assistance with this issue…

Thanx

NoTechie
Some things to do to regain a bit of space.

Click Start>Run, type in cleanmgr. Let it scan the C: drive. Check off what options you want cleaned. Make sure Temp files and Internet Temp Files are checked though.

You can also turn System Restore down so that it uses a minimal amount of drive space. Right click on "My Computer", choose Properties. Click the System Restore tab. Hilite the C: drive, click the Settings button. Move the slider to the left.

Turn of the Hibernation feature. In your Control Panel, select Performance and Maintenance. Select Power Options. Click on the Hibernate tab. Uncheck Enable Hibernation.

Move your paging file off the C: drive to a different drive. Right click "My Computer". Choose Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Click the Settings button for the Performance section. Click the Advanced tab. Click the Change button for the Virtual Memory section. Hilite a drive other than the C: drive. Check the System managed size radial. Click the Set button. Hilite your C: drive. Click the radial beside No paging file.

You will need to reboot for the paging file changes to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI