kichigai
Topic Starter
Hello - your site's been a great help to me before, so I hope you can help me with a more-than-annoying problem…
At random points in using my XP, whatever I'm working on (be it being on-line, or loading a My Pictures file, or searching for a music file, etc.) everything will freeze up from anywhere to a moment on up to around ten minutes. The small freeze-up's result in me being able to drag around an open window so it erases everything else on the desktop but the wallpaper, doesn't respond, and then kicks in a few seconds later.
The longer freeze-up's result in my rebooting and an unusually long wait (even for XP) for everything to get back up & running, sometimes up to 10-15 min. (where I either sit & read a book or do something else to occupy my brain so as not to punch in the screen). Icons will randomly revert to default folder icons or won't load at all when a new window opens.
At startup I go into taskmanager & take out the CPU-eaters. I've run a couple anti-virus prog's (Stinger, Freedom) with no result, and ad-aware doesn't help the problem.
Hope someone can help!