This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Unresposive untill I C/alt/del then 5 min slow again

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I tried the Malware forum first and they found no issues. http://forums.whatthetech.com/APPL_ACLSET_…se_t105772.html

My problem is after a few minutes of running I can't click on anything outside of my browser window, not even to close it and then eventually my browser becomes unstable.
But whats weird is if I keep Windows task manager on top of what I'm working on it seems to run better.
I've returned my OS to factory settings three times and it didn't help.
Need help with this one I'm stumped.

64bit-Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (Version = 6.0.6001) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18813)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

ACPI x64-based PC
5 gigs of RAM, 750 gig HD,
Intel Core 2 quad CPU Q660 @ 2.4 GHz

I have a HP printer and a 22 inch gateway monitor hooked up to the machine.
Also have a 750 gig external HD - Seagate freeagent pro thaty I dont power up unless I'm storing data. And haven't used it when these problems occurred.
Thanks
Hi, I see from your logs that you have Norton as an anti virus application and I can also see reference to Avira If you have two Anti virus applications running in memory at the same time it can cause conflicts. Post back please and let us know if you have both of these… as if so, you will be best advised to uninstall one of them. Regards paws
Yes paws I did have both running, i did uninstall norton and all I have running now is spybot. Avira is off. FYI I started having these problems before I installed norton . Mike

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI