Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Stop E-mail Notification

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drummer

drummer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Okay, I know, I'm thick, but how the heck do I stop a hundred or more notifications swamping my mailbox every day? TC fixed my hijack problem a treat, but even though I have turned everything I can find off, I still get these mails. Killing me. So, will somebody lead me through it bozo-style? I know it can be done, I just don't get any result from following the unsubscribe instructions. Many thanks in advance

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 maynard

maynard

advanced

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

Hi drummer,

My recommendations for spam (unwanted email) is to never click the unsubscribe link. In most cases, this will do nothing and may lead to receiving even more spam.

I am assuming you are using Outlook Express. If I'm wrong, let me know.

If you are, and are willing to use a different email client, may I suggest Thunderbird? It is a free email client created by Mozilla.org and includes a spam filter.

You can get it here: http://www.mozilla.o...ts/thunderbird/

There are also some commercial products that will integrate with OE and do a good job.
I have had good luck with Norton Anti Spam before I started using Thunderbird.

m
Don't Panic

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

#3 drummer

drummer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:39 AM

Sorry Maynard, I didn't make myself clear - the notifications are all from here on the TC forum. I can't switch 'em off though, I have gone through the routine for unsubscribe which is included with the notifications. See? Thanks anyway for the help. Regards Drummer.

#4 maynard

maynard

advanced

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

Yes, I did misunderstand :D Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page. Then click on view topics on the left. Place a check mark in the box next to any topic you wish to unsubscribe. Make sure it says unsubscribe in the drop down box at the bottom of the page and click the "with selected button". Repeat this procedure after clicking on the "view forums" link on the left. m
Don't Panic

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

#5 drummer

drummer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:19 AM

Ah, I get it now, I was in the wrong place in My Controls. Now let's see if it works. One thousand thanks for the brain massage, Maynard, long may you prosper. Drummer.