This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Stop E-mail Notification

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, I know, I'm thick, but how the heck do I stop a hundred or more notifications swamping my mailbox every day? TC fixed my hijack problem a treat, but even though I have turned everything I can find off, I still get these mails. Killing me. So, will somebody lead me through it bozo-style? I know it can be done, I just don't get any result from following the unsubscribe instructions. Many thanks in advance
Hi drummer,

My recommendations for spam (unwanted email) is to never click the unsubscribe link. In most cases, this will do nothing and may lead to receiving even more spam.

I am assuming you are using Outlook Express. If I'm wrong, let me know.

If you are, and are willing to use a different email client, may I suggest Thunderbird? It is a free email client created by Mozilla.org and includes a spam filter.

You can get it here: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

There are also some commercial products that will integrate with OE and do a good job.
I have had good luck with Norton Anti Spam before I started using Thunderbird.

m
Sorry Maynard, I didn't make myself clear - the notifications are all from here on the TC forum. I can't switch 'em off though, I have gone through the routine for unsubscribe which is included with the notifications. See? Thanks anyway for the help. Regards Drummer.
Yes, I did misunderstand :D Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page. Then click on view topics on the left. Place a check mark in the box next to any topic you wish to unsubscribe. Make sure it says unsubscribe in the drop down box at the bottom of the page and click the "with selected button". Repeat this procedure after clicking on the "view forums" link on the left. m
Ah, I get it now, I was in the wrong place in My Controls. Now let's see if it works. One thousand thanks for the brain massage, Maynard, long may you prosper. Drummer.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI