ChrisH
Topic Starter
I've been having some really annoying issues with my Linksys Wireless USB Adapter (WUSB54G)
I seem to have intermittant problems with the connection randomly cutting out on me or just flat out not working at times.
I sometimes use Firefox and be able to access a page such as tomcoyote.org, but then minutes later, I cannot load Google. Sometimes browsing is also sluggish and some images fail loading entirely. Refreshing and reopening the browser don't seem to directly work, but the connection returns later. This seems to happen with just about any site and at random occurances.
I've also had a few cases where I lose connectivity entirely and the Network Connections task icon pops up and tells me the adaptor is unplugged. Usually to get it to work, I have to input my typical IP address, then click OK, then go back and tell it to use obtain a dynamic IP from my wireless router automatically. This solves the problem.
Also:
-It's using most recent drivers
-Performed extensive malware scanning finding nothing
-Hardwired machines on the network don't seem to suffer this problem
It's frustrating because this used to work almost flawlessly in the past. If anybody could provide any advice to fix this problem, I'd really appreciate it.