Prophecy99
Topic Starter
As a suggestion maybe have a thread/sticky Showing a list of legit/vaild Security programs. There is alot out there some better than others, some just a tease that dont remove the known objects untill you pay, some being spyware in themselves. By having a straightforward WTT list may help people. Especially if they dont have any to begin with or if they want to add to thier collection because in my opinion more the better.. I mean its common sense to me to have these things but just this morning my coworker asked me if there was "free virus scanning software" out there.
Owning my own computer for 7 years now I must say I have tried quite a few different spyware/malware removing programs. All free to an extent too.
Heres a little list of full working scanning&removing spyware programs I have personally used with success to get it started. I have more at home i need to add later. I am also very curious as to what everyone else HERE has been using. As it would be great to know what else is out there.
Listed in no intended order.
Free
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Lavasoft - Adaware
Trend-Micro Hijack This
Spybot Search & Destroy
Kazzabegone-(a one time scan worth doing , having Kazaa or not)
Not Free
Spyware Doctor(scans but requires money to remove)
Ones I havent used
IObit Security 360 - Fairly new and appears fully free
I also have misc programs that anyone on XP should try out.
Spywareblaster -( passive protection of browsers against known threats)