This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Will Not Shut Down

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, after using P2P software (Azureus) my PC will not close down. It hangs at the 'saving settings' screen. I wondered if there was a process I could shut down with task manager to enable a clean shutdown, rather than me holding in the off button for 5 secs. It also hangs if I try to do a restart. It only seems to happen when using Azureus, I have not tried using other bittorrent software, so am not sure if the problem is particular to Azureus or bittorrent in general. Thanks for any help.
hi garglesand, iam not familiar with those p2p clients. but i would first uninstall Azureus and see if the problem continues, if so uninstall bittorrent, if not find another client for bittorrent.
I think it's a problem with javaw.exe actually, not so much bittorrent in general. So I'm going to search down this path, out of interest to me too. Tho uninstalling Azureus and perhaps using another client may be order of the day. Thanks for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI