Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

computer shuts down unexpetly when using AIM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simps

simps

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:12 PM

Sometimes when I am using AIM my computer will go to a blue screen and says something like i am out of memory or somthing like that. Then it goes into a restart mode, but that takes longer than usual. Then sometimes when the computer is starting up it goes through of this self check thing that has three different stages.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:51 AM

i am out of memory

What are your computer spec's?

starting up it goes through of this self check thing that has three different stages.

Sounds like you have chkdsk in the startups folder in msconfig.....
If you use the selective mode for start ups you can disable several things and boot faster and probably eliminate poor performance.
How to use MSCONFIG

StartupList Index...@CastleCops

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??